COMPO

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Feb 8 09:31:50 PST 2014

On Sat, 2014-02-08 at 06:03 +0000, Steve Teale wrote:
> A deb file of an early version of COMPO2 is now available at
> http://britseyeview.com/compo/.
>
> I'd appreciate some feedback from the Debian based users in the D
> community. It's not technical stuff, but it's an example of what
> can be done with D+gtkd2.

I downloaded the deb file and put into my local deb repository. On
update, the package appears to aptitude, but as an i386, 32-bit package.
Although I am running a multiarch 64-bit Debian Unstable, compo was
going to drag in 62 new i386 packages, which I'm afraid felt a bit to
much to continue with.

Can I suggest:

1.  use the Debian package naming rules so that the version number and
architecture are more standardly part of the name.

2. build a 64-bit amd64 package as well as a 32-bit i386 package.

Thanks.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk