early alpha of D REPL

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Tue Feb 11 00:15:54 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 05:37:45 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

>> As I understand it, you are executing dmd in the background to
>> repl.
>> Simple and clever :D
>
> But then how is it saving context?
>
> Andrie

It's using shared libraries to do so. Each new deck/stmt/expr is
compiled in a shared library. This library imports and links
against all previous libraries to make the context available.
I still need to implement a few rewrites, i.e. `auto var = val;`
should become `typeof(val) var; shared static this() { var = val;
}` too support runtime initialization.