Review Candidates awaited!

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+dforum at outerproduct.org
Wed Feb 12 14:30:15 PST 2014

Am 12.02.2014 23:05, schrieb Walter Bright:
> On 2/1/2014 10:52 PM, Suliman wrote:
>> Is this a good practice to give name: std.xml2 with digit at the end?
>> Maybe it
>> would be better to name it's simply std.xml ?
>
> I think the 2 postfix makes it abundantly clear it's a reboot without
> breaking existing code.
>

>> And for prevent conflict rename old realization as std.xml.old ?
>
> That breaks existing code, something we should avoid as much as practical.

Don't want to start this discussion again, but there is a possibility to
kill two birds with one stone here by naming it std.data.xml instead.
The same would later go for std.data.json. Any future formats (as well
as std.csv) could then also go to the std.data package and not clutter
up the top level package further.