Bounty for -minimal compiler flag

Daniel Murphy yebbliesnospam at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 05:09:21 PST 2014

"1100110"  wrote in message news:ldl2pf$20b0$1 at digitalmars.com...

> I want a way to disable the GC, and have the compiler verify that no GC
> allocations may occur.
>
> I want a way to disable Exceptions, and have the compiler verify that no
> Exceptions may occur.

Good, this is what I had in mind.

> I want a way to disable linking either the standard library and the
> runtime, and be able to run a minimal D program without needing to stub
> anything out manually.
>
> The idea can be boiled down to:
> > The idea is to be able to use a subset of D that does not require any of
> druntime or phobos - it can be linked merely with the C standard library.

Cool.

> Can you name anything I'm missing?

TLS, dynamic cast, profiling, static this/static ~this,
assert, -cov, -profile, class == and synchronized all rely on druntime code.

Also, D classes will fail to link without Object.

Should `array.length = x` be an error or just unsafely set the length?

Should it be ABI-compatible with normal D?

If you don't have strong feelings about any of these they should still
probably be listed.