Bounty for -minimal compiler flag

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Feb 14 14:53:47 PST 2014

On 2014-02-14 22:02, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> That's... old. Why doesn't DMD start using it? 10.7 came out in 2011.

It wasn't that old until recently, when 10.9 was released. It's the same
as with everything else. Someone just have to commit time and implement
it. I guess this is a bit different though, since we might need to drop
support for 10.6.

> I wasn't aware of that. One has to consider how it will be expected to
> work. Most of the time, D compiles and runs unit tests if -unittest is
> passed. What happens in -nodruntime -unittest?

-unittest need to be passed for __traits(getUnitTests) to return anything.

> Does it just compile the
> unit tests into the objects but not store the pointers since there is no
> moduleinfo?

I would say so, yes.

--
/Jacob Carlborg