std.serialization

"Nordlöw" per.nordlow at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 12:45:17 PST 2014

I believe it's worth the try to get Python-style serialization
simplicity to D by default. We use Python cpickle at work and its
fantastically simple and fast. It handles just about everthing
you need by default as long as you have imported the modules that
contain the types involved in the serialization.

It would attract more people from dynamical languages like Python
if D got default-powers in std.serialization that does everything
that msgpack does plus followings references.

This would make it possible to serialize arbitrary graph-likes
structures with potential reference cycles. Resolving these
cycles can be solved by using a map that contain a list of
references/classs that already have serialized.

I'm however not sure how serialization of base and superclasses
should be implemented in the most convenient way. Maybe somehow
has a good suggestion for this.