Facebook puts bounties on bugs in the D programming language implementation

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 12:48:04 PST 2014

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:25:05 -0500, Baz <sfnje at appixie.com> wrote:

> Ahahahahaahhahahahahahaha....$80...
> They just put 19 000 000 000 $ for a web app.
> Are you kiddin us ?
>
> JERK.MASSIVE DOUCHE.FUCK.

Sorry, I know this is trolling, but I just have to respond.

Fixing a bug in an open source project with very minor implications on
Facebook's code base is MASSIVELY different than having an app with half a
billion users that instantly expands Facebook's potential into millions
worth of revenue.

You don't want to fix the bug? Good, I'm sure your code would suck anyway
with that attitude. If you want to prove me wrong, go write an app that
facebook buys for 19 billion.

-Steve