https everywhere

Ryan Chouinard rchouinard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 17:16:12 PST 2014

On Friday, 21 February 2014 at 23:10:12 UTC, Jan Knepper wrote:
> On 2/21/14, 3:40 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 2/21/2014 12:35 PM, Dicebot wrote:

>>> Why can't free startssl certificate be used?
>>
>> I never heard of it.
>
> Neither have I...
> I know there is www.cacert.org but as far as I know their certs
> are still not integrated in the browser SSL store.

Just going to throw this out there, but GlobalSign offers free
wildcard certificates to open source projects. GlobalSign's root
is in the standard CA stores. Might be worth checking out.
https://www.globalsign.com/ssl/ssl-open-source/

Disclaimer: I am a GlobalSign reseller, but I have nothing to
gain from their free certificate offers.