https everywhere

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Fri Feb 21 21:09:13 PST 2014

Nick Sabalausky, el 21 de February a las 16:47 me escribiste:
> On 2/21/2014 4:39 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
> >On Friday, 21 February 2014 at 21:37:39 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> >>
> >>Would that work for all the websites? I.e. digitalmars.com, dlang.org,
> >>etc., or would it be a separate charge for each?
> >
> >The one cost and you could cover everything. StartSSL is novel in that
> >all they do is verify your identity then let you generate as many
> >certificates as you want. Most other CAs charge on a per certificate
> >basis. I'm pretty happy with StartSSL apart from their terrible website.
>
> This is true (I do it on my server, hosting a couple domains ATM).
>
> However, unless they've changed it since I last looked, you can't do
> subdomains (other than www.*) with their free cert.

No, you can use any subdomain, you can't use wildcards, but you can get
as many subdomains as you want. To use several subdomains in one server,
your server must support SNI[1], but any modern webserver should support
it.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication