dmd 2.065.0

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 24 13:22:12 PST 2014

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 16:09:39 -0500, Meta <jared771 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 24 February 2014 at 21:00:53 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> I think the change should go (if it was intentional).
>>
>> IIRC, opCmp was required in D1 and older versions of D2, because hash
>> collisions were stored in a tree instead of a LL.
>>
>> The documentation should be updated too.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> Why *was* there a change to enforce that AA keys have opCmp? It doesn't
> seem to me like any responses SiegeLord got were satisfactory, i.e., why
> was this change made, and why was it not in the changelog?

A wild wild guess is that there was code in the compiler that used to
require it (after all, it was required a long time ago), and somehow it
got reactivated by accident.

But wild guesses don't help fix bugs :)

In doing a search through my email of the dmd-internals mailing list, I
don't see opCmp anywhere.

-Steve