dmd 2.065.0

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Feb 25 09:30:49 PST 2014

On 2014-02-24 21:29, Walter Bright wrote:
> Looks like we need to do something about this:
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1ytfc5/d_2065_released_with_396_fixes_and_improvements/cfnmkih
>

> At a minimum, add it to the changelog. Or possibly remove that change.

Answering some of your comments here:

Q: If the project fails to compile or run, who is responsible for
debugging it

A: Preferably we have some way to run a bunch of projects as part of the
test suite. Developers sign up their projects if they want to
participate. If a build fails the developer gets a notification. The
developer is responsible for debugging. If a project has successfully
passed the 10 latest releases but the 11th fails I think the DMD/Phobos
developers could have a quick look to see if it's something obvious.

Q: Individual projects tend to stick with particular subsets of the
language. They may be large code bases, but likely exercise relatively
small parts of the language, and so their successful compilation is not
very indicative of much.

A: That's not entirely true. I can tell you that DMD has broken DWT, one
way or another, for, at least, the 10 latest releases.

--
/Jacob Carlborg