DigitalMars' GSoC application has been rejected

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Feb 27 13:37:04 PST 2014

On 2/27/14, 11:11 AM, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
> One more question. Do you feel this is a job that someone who isn't
> necessarily well versed in the various technologies could take on (in a
> sort of manager role), or would you need someone who has the expertise
> to evaluate various proposals.

Any motivated individual with little to moderate expertise can do it.
The application is for the most part filling forms and creating prose. A
person who's on top of things can prod contributors into submitting
ideas, rally mentors, make sure the related web pages are in good shape,
etc. etc. etc. To put things into perspective, we could have missed the
deadline if the thing didn't bubble up to my level of consciousness.

Andrei