Temple: Compile time, embedded D templates

Dylan Knutson tcdknutson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 10:28:11 PST 2014

On Thursday, 2 January 2014 at 10:59:27 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-01-02 02:12, Dylan Knutson wrote:
>
>> It didn't before, because of how the semantics of eRuby syntax
>> works,
>> but now it does! It seemed like an important thing to
>> support...
>>
>> Here's an example mimicking a subset of Rails' `form_for`
>> helper:
>> [Snip]
>
> Nice. Do you have any concept of safe vs unsafe strings?

No, but that's been on the to-do list. I feel like safe vs.
unsafe strings are tied heavily with the escaping of unsafe
strings, which is specific to a language, so I think the best way
to go about this is to provide:

  - A way to define custom "string" types (like a struct wrapping
a string tracking if it's safe or not)
  - Callbacks for processing all of the string-ey things written
to the output buffer, to decide if something should be escaped or
not.