Fedora RPMs

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Jan 3 09:37:21 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-03 at 15:32 +0000, Dejan Lekic wrote:
[…]
> Russel, I am aware of that, but RPM Fusion is an unofficial
> (although admittedly often used) repository. If RPMFusion is our
> only choice I would rather use RPM directly from www.dlang.org .

Can't we do both?

For myself, I am not really wanting to explicitly download RPMs and put
them in my own local RPM store, though I do do this, I'd prefer them to
appear (magically :-). I already have RPM Fusion in my Yum search list –
Nvidia put all their non-free things in there, ditto AMD.

The alternative is to set up an RPM database of all the D things as
there is for Debian debs. Then people can just add the repository and
Yum does the rest.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk