std.signal : voting has begun

ilya-stromberg ilya-stromberg-2009 at yandex.ru
Mon Jan 6 02:08:35 PST 2014

On Monday, 6 January 2014 at 09:11:09 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Some time ago there have been a review for `std.signal` Phobos
> proposal
> (http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ujlhznaphepibgtpcoqz@forum.dlang.org#post-ujlhznaphepibgtpcoqz:40forum.dlang.org).
> It have not received much feedback and I was a it too busy to
> proceed with final voting at that moment but with no
> outstanding issues to address nothing prevents that final step.
>
> Let's put 2 week deadline to refresh memories about the
> proposal and make some decision. Voting closes at January 20th
> 23:59 GMT 0
>
> Please take some time and help make Phobos better ;)

Yes.

It's not a condition, but wish list:

1) Robert, please add thread-safe example for multi-thread
application. I know that you think it's unnecessary
(http://forum.dlang.org/post/ykwgtaysaaejyvjsqjfe@forum.dlang.org),
but I disagree.

2) It looks like D module system is not good enough. Robert
creates additional struct `Signal` and string mixin `signal` to
immitate C++ `friend` keyword. Maybe we should add this
functionality to the D language.