Mono-D v0.5.5.5 - Huge completion refactoring/v0.5.5.6 - Bug fixes

Alexander Bothe info at alexanderbothe.com
Tue Jan 7 04:57:14 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 7 January 2014 at 06:18:44 UTC, ilya-stromberg wrote:
> On Monday, 6 January 2014 at 23:58:46 UTC, Alexander Bothe
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 2 January 2014 at 20:13:33 UTC, Daniel Kozak
>> wrote:
>>> I must admit, that you do lots of awsome work on this IDE
>>> (plugin). But still it is quiet bad. After clean install I am
>>> not
>>> able to run even basic hello world. Ok I can uninstall
>>> gnome-terminal and install xterm. After that I can run basic
>>> terminal apps, but not debug them :(. Maybe it would be
>>> better to
>>> stop adding new features and try to make it more stable.
>>
>> Are you using Ubuntu?
>> Perhaps installing libgnome-ui might solve the problem.
>>
>> Anyway, issues like these are mostly caused by MonoDevelop
>> which can't be run on such a huge variety of Linux setups
>> without further efforts - so how does this relate to stability
>> when I actually am able to run&debug programs?
>
> Probably, we can add additional notice for Ubuntu users.
> I use Ubuntu KDE and can debug programs, but your installation
> instructions talk nothing about Ubuntu gnome.
>
> BTW, it's also stability question. Assume that new D member
> wants to install Mono-D. What he should think if it fails for
> the most popular Linux OS? I understand that it's MonoDevelop
> issue, but new D member doesn't know it.

Okay, I've tested everything successfully under Ubuntu 13.XX now:

1) Downloading&untar'ing my MD distro
2) Installing libgnomeui-0 due to that GnomePlatform error at
launching MD (okay, that was indeed a main problem until now..but
well, I'm off Ubuntu for..2 years now?)
3) Installing dmd from the d/l page
4) Installing Mono-D & the Gdb debugging addin

5) Add the dmd include path to Mono-D's settings
6) Making a test D project
7) Compile & Debug it

Now where's the actual problem with this 'routine'?

Which point except 2) wasn't written on my installation page
already?