Mono-D v0.5.5.5 - Huge completion refactoring/v0.5.5.6 - Bug fixes

Jameson Ernst jameson at example.com
Thu Jan 9 00:28:20 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 8 January 2014 at 14:30:50 UTC, Alexander Bothe
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 8 January 2014 at 12:35:47 UTC, Daniel Kozak
> wrote:
>> I do not think so because it runs gdb, and it stops on break
>> point, but it does not show it properly on monodevelop editor
>> (red marker is not mark as current stopping point (arrow is
>> not here)) and I can not do things like next step and so on
>> (just pause and stop button are active).
>>
>>> Perhaps it's some gdb user interface which is missing: mi2 is
>>> used there for a better machine2machine interfacing between
>>> mono-d and gdb.
>> Maybe, but I dont know how to test this
>
> Just try to use -i:mi2 as an argument for gdb - then it'll use
> the mi2 interface

Is there a way to configure the plugin to add that option? It
doesn't appear to be configurable, at least not from within the
IDE. I've had this same issue, and found that the D debugging
plugin doesn't work when using monodevelop later than 4.2.2. I
haven't bisected the exact commit where it stops working, but
it's definitely somewhere between 4.2.2 and 4.2.3. Since I build
from source anyway (the Arch package for monodevelop is out of
date) it wasn't a big deal to just roll back to 4.2.2 for now.

Other than that though, mono-d is fantastic, and probably the
single reason I'm giving D another try after a few years. The
auto-completion is REALLY good now, and the semantic highlighting
is great. It's hard to give that stuff up coming from C#, but now
I don't have to!