Mono-D v0.5.5.5 - Huge completion refactoring/v0.5.5.6 - Bug fixes

Alexander Bothe info at alexanderbothe.com
Thu Jan 9 16:39:34 PST 2014

On Friday, 10 January 2014 at 00:04:41 UTC, Jameson Ernst wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 January 2014 at 23:15:12 UTC, Alexander Bothe
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 9 January 2014 at 22:50:09 UTC, Daniel Kozak
>> wrote:

>>> http://youtu.be/HRJgyFi6Zes
>>
>> Have you tried other code samples?
>>
>> Have you tried stepping through code?
>>
>> Have you tried examing locals via the 'Locals' pad?
>>
>> Just try to put in a thing like throw new Exception(); to see
>> whether it's about breakpoints.
>>
>> Or try to hack in a breakpoint via asm { int 0xcc; } (dunno
>> the x64 equivalent though :-/) or asm { int3; }
>
> Ok, I tried cloning the repo for the debugger plugin and
> building it from source, and it DOES work now. Strange.
> Something about the one in the addin repository must be subtly
> different. The video Daniel posted is exactly what happens when
> using the one from the addin repo. Program execution WILL stop
> on a breakpoint, but the IDE remains unaware of that fact and
> acts as if the program is still executing. Throwing an
> exception manually DOES cause it to stop though, at which point
> I can examine locals as normal. So the problem seems to relate
> specifically to breakpoints.

Got to test in my VM. If it's not working there either, I'll just
put the pre-built dll up in my
https://github.com/aBothe/mono-d-bin rage-repo (just to bypass
this ugly addins.md.com building system crap :-D )

Anyway, you can set logGdb
(https://github.com/llucenic/MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.D/blob/master/Gdb/GdbSession.cs#L84)
to be true to let it dump every interaction between Mono-D and
gdb - might be good to know what's wrong with the
breakpoints..I'd be happy if it was MonoDevelop-related, but
well, gotta check it, too.

Thanks for testing it so far :)

> At any rate, building the plugin from source seems to be the
> ticket. If you want me to test out anything else, I'd be happy
> to, since I think it's important this should work out of box
> for as many people as possible. It is worth noting that I had
> the same symptoms when using mono-d debugging on a Linux Mint
> 15 install, so it's nothing specific to Arch.

kk :-)