Mono-D v0.5.5.5 - Huge completion refactoring/v0.5.5.6 - Bug fixes

Jameson Ernst jameson at example.com
Thu Jan 9 19:48:33 PST 2014

On Friday, 10 January 2014 at 03:29:06 UTC, Alexander Bothe wrote:
> On Friday, 10 January 2014 at 02:33:05 UTC, Jameson Ernst wrote:
>> On a hunch that maybe it has to do with some strange assembly
>> version or mono version mismatch, I used monodis/ilasm to
>> roundtrip the assembly, reassembling it against the
>> dependencies provided in the git repo. It still exhibits the
>> same breakpoint issue, so something is the code itself must be
>> different.
>
> I've managed to bypass the addin building system now in
> v0.2.4.6 - just try to install it and hopefully see the
> difference :D

Still no luck; same behavior when installed via the addin repo.

However, I have identified this exception in the logs, that I can
confirm occurs only when using the dll from the addin repo, and
NOT when using a working built-from-source dll, so the odds that
it is related are very high:

ERROR [2014-01-09 19:42:34Z]: Error while processing gdb output
MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.GdbException: -data-evaluate-expression:
Usage: -data-evaluate-expression expression
   at MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.GdbSession.RunCommand
(System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in
<filename unknown>:0
   at MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.GdbSession.CheckBreakpoint (Int32
handle) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
   at MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.GdbSession.HandleEvent
(MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.GdbEvent ev) [0x00000] in <filename
unknown>:0
   at
MonoDevelop.Debugger.Gdb.GdbSession+<ProcessOutput>c__AnonStorey3.<>m__3
(System.Object ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It's not much to go on since there's no mdb with the distributed
dll, but it's something.