Call D code from C#

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sat Jan 11 15:19:35 PST 2014

On 11.01.2014 19:33, Xavier Bigand wrote:
> Le 11/01/2014 18:23, Paulo Pinto a écrit :
>>>
>>> C++ remains the best tool for that job (Qt 5.x). And unfortunately, i do
>>> not have many hopes that it will change soon.
>>
>> It will, but not in the direction most people would like.
>>
>>  From what I can get from Qt conference videos since version 5 came out,
>> QML is the way to go, with just performance critical parts still done in
>> C++.
>>
>> --
>> Paulo
>
> I work every day on an application written in C++ with Qt and QML. The
> core of the application is written in C++ without Qt and only the GUI is
> in QML, some additionnal wrappers are necessary to inject data of the
> core application in QML.
>
> We have no performance issues with QML.
>
> Saddly for the moment I can't talk more about this application since it
> was not already released, but it's typically an application where
> performances are critical.
>
> Like with every script languages you need to do things with carefulness
> and avoid to put application logic in it.
>
> It's our experience give us the idea to do something similar in D, cause
> a lot of things can be better than with Qt and C++.

Thanks for sharing the information. At work I do mostly JVM/.NET stuff.
Since 2006 I don't do any C++ at work, except when porting stuff to the
former platforms.

I just use Qt/C++ occasionally on hobby projects, so it is good to know
from someone with experience on them, how the real situation is.

--
Paulo