Mono-D v1.2.7 - Completion, ldc2 compatibility, dub fixes

Alexander Bothe info at alexanderbothe.com
Mon Jan 13 06:50:04 PST 2014

On Monday, 13 January 2014 at 11:49:57 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> On Monday, 13 January 2014 at 11:03:45 UTC, Alexander Bothe
> wrote:
>> On Monday, 13 January 2014 at 05:25:31 UTC, evilrat wrote:
>>> after about half year i tried it again on OS X, and Mono-D is
>>> quite good for  writing the code, but... the debug!!11
>>>
>>> can we haz some GDB or LLDB(or both :)) support please? it
>>> shouldn't be that hard porting linux code to OS X. it may
>>> already
>>> doing something useful but it simply doesn't start...
>>
>> I've got no OSX but erm, what tool is required to have lldb
>> information generated? ldc2?
>> On the other side, which tool is then required to get gdb
>> debug info?
>
> i don't know about other tools, so basically i just build with
> "dmd files.d -gc" and debug using console lldb, of course it
> was mangled but it is better than nothing.

Fortunately I implemented demangling already, so that's not a
real problem.

So according to Jacob's comment it's actually possible to get gdb
on OSX - but probably just with a wrong build configuration, i.e.
the mi2 interface for gdb is not available - or is it? Just try
executing gdb --interpreter=mi2 to see whether Mono-D is able to
handle its output properly.