std.signal : voting has begun

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 12:10:27 PST 2014

Le 21/01/2014 00:51, Adam Wilson a écrit :
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 15:16:42 -0800, Robert <jfanatiker at gmx.at> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Dicebot for stepping up. Unfortunately the demand seems to
>> be very, very low, so I believe we are going to stick with the old
>> std.signals.
>>
>> Thanks again!
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Robert
>>

> Which is a shame too. We could have definitely used this in Aurora...
> But I think Andrei's comments kind of nixed the discussion. :-S

>>> Less than 10 hours are left.

We use std.signals on DQuick, signals are critical for a GUI system, but
there is no advanced GUI library written completely in D for the moment.
For the moment DQuick still have a long way to do before really needing
something better.

Maybe a day having thread safe ones will be essential but not for the
moment, we have so mush things to fix and so few time to do it...

Sadly I doubt about the benefit of testing new signals on DQuick at his
current stage.

Please don't loose hope cause we read this forum, and seeing people
working on such subjects help us to save motivation.