So, You Want To Write Your Own Programming Language?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Jan 23 12:11:08 PST 2014

On 1/23/2014 5:24 AM, Chris wrote:
> I find it extremely interesting how the human
> mind (not just language) is reflected in programming languages.

They way I usually see it is that the human mind HAS to be reflected in
programming languages as that's the whole point.

We already knew how to program computers back with manual switches,
Altair-style. Every programming tool since then (and *including*
Altair-style) has fundamentally been about bridging the gap between the
way humans work and the way computers work. That naturally requires that
the tool (ex. programming language) reflects a lot about the core nature
of both humans and computers, because the language's whole job is to
interface with both.