dmd 2.065 beta 1 #2

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+dforum at outerproduct.org
Thu Jan 23 17:55:33 PST 2014

Am 23.01.2014 10:38, schrieb Walter Bright:
> On 1/22/2014 5:37 AM, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> (...)
>>
>> There is also a build issue that sometimes occurred at the same place
>> in 2.064
>> in the form of template instantiation failures and now produces linker
>> errors:
>> https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/issues/458
>
> Did you try the -allinst flag?

Tried it, but it didn't make a difference. I'm running Dustmite on it
now, but that will take a while to complete.

>> Finally, I'm getting some "recursive alias" errors that I managed to
>> circumvent
>> in previous releases.
>>
>> I'm going to run dustmite on these two and create bugzilla issues.

Unfortunately, in case of the recursive alias error, Dustmite reduced to
a case that fails for both, 2.065 and 2.064. Also, every little change
from there either fixes the error or makes it appear again. This is
obviously stabbing too deep in unspecified language territory. I gave up
on it and am now in the process of completely rewriting the affected code.