dmd 2.065 beta 1 #2

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+dforum at outerproduct.org
Mon Jan 27 02:44:08 PST 2014

Am 27.01.2014 10:37, schrieb Don:
> On Wednesday, 22 January 2014 at 13:37:07 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> I'm getting deprecation warnings inside std.datetime to use "any"
>> instead of "canFind".
>>
>> Also DMD now warns about using FP operators, such as <>=, for
>> detecting NaN's. What's the rationale for this? One issue with this is
>> that isNaN cannot be used for CTFE.
>

> To detect NaNs, you just need to change x <>= x into x == x.

I've used x <>= 0 so far to avoid having the "x" expression appear
twice, not really a problem to change it, but I was a bit surprised
about the warning. So if I understand it correctly (someone mentioned it
somewhere on the .D group), all FP specific comparison operators are
going to get deprecated?