New debugger for D!!!

Sarath Kodali sarath at dummy.com
Mon Jan 27 19:00:20 PST 2014

On Monday, 27 January 2014 at 18:10:03 UTC, Alexander Bothe wrote:

> Which OSs are supported?
> Which compilers are supported, which debug info base is used?
> Is the info directly extracted from the executable aka
> Dwarf/CV4/PDB support?
>
> The sample debug session looks cool, so I'd really like to know
> this to estimate whether it's worth to integrate it into Mono-D
> or other IDEs :-)

Next month I will be releasing an alpha version with support for
Linux, x86, Elf+Dwarf, DMD and GCC. But in the coming months I
will add support for other 64 bit OSes and compilers. I'm also
planning to add a JSON or CSV output format so that it will be
easy to parse the output when integrating with IDEs. So I would
recommend that you wait till I release 1.0 version - sometime
before Dconf 2014 - hopefully!

Thanks for the interest,
Sarath