New debugger for D!!!

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Mon Jan 27 22:34:50 PST 2014

Am 28.01.2014 04:00, schrieb Sarath Kodali:
> I'm also
> planning to add a JSON or CSV output format so that it will be
> easy to parse the output when integrating with IDEs. So I would
> recommend that you wait till I release 1.0 version - sometime
> before Dconf 2014 - hopefully!

why don't ease the IDE integration even more - for example
the pin tool from intel (ptools.org) is a normal executable (the server)
but you can give pin a tool/commander dll per commandline which is then
responsible for controling the debugger - this way its very easy to
integrate the debugger into any environment fast and performant

examples

pin.exe -t idadbg.dll <- starts pin with an IDA-tool-dll to be able to
control pin with the ida debugger

pin.exe -t vsdbg.dll <- starts pin with an vs-studio debug helper
this way you can use pin as an debugger for VStudio

etc.

csv and json is nice - but there a much nicer ways of doing ipc