New debugger for D!!!

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Tue Jan 28 08:24:32 PST 2014

Am 28.01.2014 17:16, schrieb Sarath Kodali:
> I expect this is how it will be even with dbg and IDEs. The IDE
> will have a plugin that sits between the debugger and IDE. The
> communication between the IDE plugin and debugger will be over a
> socket and the dbg output will be in JSON format so that IDE
> plugin can parse it properly. Depending on the IDE, the plugin
> will be either a library (dll) or an independent executable.

its a little bit different to pin because pin is the host
of the given tool-communication dll - so the dll interface is the
interface not JSON

(pin(tool dll<--)-- any protocol --> ide/whatever

in your idea

dbg <--- socker/JASON --> ide/whatever

the question is - debuggers needs to throw masses
of information around - why put a slow JSON parser between, every single
step command gets JSONed, parsed, singlestep, result gets JSOned etc...
millions of times - why?