D bindings for Shapefile C Library

Gary Willoughby dev at nomad.so
Wed Jan 29 06:09:19 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 29 January 2014 at 04:24:36 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
wrote:
> I've created bindings for the C Shapefile Library.  Shapefiles
> are a format used commonly in vector based Geographic
> Information
> Systems, often for data interchange. It is a pretty simple
> library and it is my first effort at creating such bindings.
>
> https://github.com/craig-dillabaugh/shplib.d
>
> I've looked in Demios and code.dlang.org to see what the
> standard
> setup for such bindings is, and while most are similar there
> doesn't seem to be an accepted layout.  If anyone has a moment
> spare I would be happy if someone could have a look to see if
> there are any obvious improvements that should be made.
>
> I plan to run a few more tests on my bindings, and once those
> all
> work, I hope to add this to code.dlang.org.

This is how i'm doing it:

https://github.com/nomad-software/tcltk

This is a binding for Tcl/Tk libs. I've included windows dll
import libraries in various formats (for different environments
and compilers) to make the build process easier. I've also kept
the c headers in the source folder but excluded them in the
package.json file (just in case). I've added one version (the
same as the c sources) for when the bindings supported an older
version but the latest version is in master.