dmd 2.065 beta 2

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 22:08:52 PST 2014

On 29 January 2014 14:33, Brad Anderson <eco at gnuk.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 29 January 2014 at 00:41:46 UTC, Manu wrote:
>
>> I had an issue with the windows installer.
>> It didn't remember where my existing D installation was, and tried to
>> installer it somewhere else by default.
>> It should remember where I installed it last time and upgrade the existing
>> installation.
>>

> The Window installer here doesn't actually work because the URL
> is wrong. You're just using your previous installation.

I'm having another trouble with the installer on Win8.1 + VS2013

The installer produces lines in sc.ini:
  WindowsSdkDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\

and lower:
  ; Platform libraries (Windows SDK 8)
  LIB=%LIB%;"%WindowsSdkDir%\Lib\win8\um\x64"

WindowsSdkDir is correct, it seems to have found the proper folder for
Win8.1, but the LIB path is wrong. That path is correct for "Windows
Kits\8.0", but it's been moved under 8.1, the proper path for the 8.1 libs
is: "Windows Kits\8.1\Lib\winv6.3\um\x64"

Seems 'win8' becomes 'winv6.3' under 8.1 for some reason...