bgfx bindings

ponce via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 1 13:43:26 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'd like to announce DerelictBgfx, a dynamic bindings to the bgfx
library.
https://github.com/derelictorg/derelictbgfx

bgfx is a library which abstract the accelerated graphics API
through a common denominator. DX9, DX11, Desktop OpenGL and
OpenGL ES can be used from the same abstraction. I believe it to
be useful and risk-mitigating for games.

To allows this feat, a shader language and compiler is included
in the original library there: https://github.com/bkaradzic/bgfx

Using the derelict-bgfx package, you would have to build bgfx as
a dynamic library and the associated shader compiler.

bgfx is decoupled from the windowing library. It can be used
through the likes of SDL and GLFW, provided a OS-dependent window
handle is given.