DConf Day 1 Panel with Walter Bright and Andrei Alexandrescu

Brian Rogoff via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 2 07:18:52 PDT 2014

On Friday, 27 June 2014 at 20:39:10 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/27/2014 12:53 PM, Dicebot wrote:
>> http://youtu.be/TNvUIWFy02I
>
> Ack, need to work on my posture :-(

I just got a chance to watch this, and one thing that I found
more unsettling than your posture was your assertion that
destructors and finalizers are "the same thing", in contrast to
Hans-J. Boehm, who asserts that C++ destructors and Java
finalizers "are completely different facilities". I assume that
you've read Boehm's report
http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2002/HPL-2002-335.html and if
so I'd be interested in why you think he is mistaken, since both
of your statements can't be correct.