DMD v2.066.0-b2

Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 9 07:56:59 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 9 July 2014 at 12:21:20 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Wednesday, 9 July 2014 at 12:11:13 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
>> remove the "string components" parameter form opDispatch to
>> reveal the same error.
>
> Hm, could you elaborate a bit further on this? As per the spec,
> opDispatch requires a string parameter
> (http://dlang.org/operatoroverloading.html#Dispatch). Removing
> it means that the compiler no longer considers the template to
> match the opDispatch signature, and thus of course .xyz fails.
>
> David

My concern is that this shouldn't compile in the first place.
What is xyz?, Is it a free function? Is it a member variable or
function?  In my mind it is neither of the two so why does it
compile? Removing the string changes the signature of opDispatch
but as shown in my prior example, there are orther ways to cause
this error.