Dconf 2014 Day 2 Talk 5: Tooling: Bringing Developers and Development Together by Brad Roberts

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 12 13:33:25 PDT 2014

On 7/12/14, 7:09 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-07-12 10:54, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> archive.org preserves the original format and resolution and isn't fussy
>> about file size. -- Andrei
>
> I'm not sure what problems you're having but youtube supports
> resolutions up to 4k and there are many files on youtube that are larger
> than the ones you're uploading.
>
> On the other hand, I have never upload anything to youtube so I don't
> know the restrictions it has.

I have experimented extensively last year, and archive.org was the best
by far. Back then youtube would reduce the resolution and had video
length restrictions. It's possible they were relaxed or lifted, but I'm
not inclined to put time into researching that again. For my money
archive.org works very well and I'm glad Dicebot is uploading to youtube
as well.

Andrei