Coloring terminal output.

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 13:09:04 PDT 2014

On Monday, 14 July 2014 at 19:57:32 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> Cool! Would it be hard to add windows support?

I don't think it can be done with this setup - the colorize thing
returns a string, but Windows does color via API calls
independently of the string.

My terminal.d offers color output through special function calls:
https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd/blob/master/terminal.d

works on both platforms.

import terminal;
void main() {
   // get the terminal object for linear output
   auto terminal = Terminal(ConsoleOutputType.linear);
   // set foreground and background colors
   terminal.color(Color.green | Bright, Color.black);
   // to use default btw:
   // terminal.color(Color.DEFAULT, Color.DEFAULT);

   // write with this instead of regular stdout
   terminal.write("hello\n");