Skeletal generator

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 17 23:43:14 PDT 2014

In advancing to a reload system for Cmsed, I've built a directory
skeleton generator[0].

It supports both lua and a simpler text file syntax.
An example of this is:

# Simple skeleton descriptor

dlfile livereload.txt livereload.txt

mkdir bin
mkdir deps
dlfile deps/package.json package.json

mkdir dynamic/config
mkdir dynamic/models
mkdir dynamic/public
mkdir dynamic/routes
mkdir dynamic/templates
mkdir dynamic/caches

mkdir static/config
mkdir static/models
mkdir static/public
mkdir static/routes
mkdir static/templates
mkdir static/caches

You can basically do everything you need with the simpler syntax except
for conditional and input gathering or manipulation. Regex(find/replace)
on files based upon the cli args is possible however.

I will be using a variation of this for Cmsed.
With regards to lua support, I've hooked up lua's require module system
into the providers (github/bitbucket), so it is possible to require any
file from a repository and use it as a required module.

I've also bound std.file and std.stdio into lua. So it should be
possible to do almost anything you need if lua cannot do it natively.

[0] https://github.com/rikkimax/skeleton