DConf 2014: Adam D Ruppe's amazing slideless talk on x86 Bare Metal and Custom Runtime Programming

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 19 09:39:24 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 19 July 2014 at 03:31:57 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Plain text transcript of the video (typed up by me, so there
> may be some errors but the bulk of it should be readable)
>
> http://arsdnet.net/dconf-transcript.txt

Hmm... you're trying to implement a lot of features. I don't use
typeinfos, and I got a lot working: IO, crypto, allocators,
string switch, assert handlers. My minimal program is 5632 bytes
(119 LOC) - reestablishes PPPoE connection when computer goes out
of sleep. Another is 1k LOC authentication service (runtime 127
LOC) and compiles to 23 KB.