DConf 2014 Lightning Talks

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 21 18:11:26 PDT 2014

On 7/21/2014 3:59 PM, Robert burner Schadek wrote:
> On Monday, 21 July 2014 at 22:08:26 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
>> On Monday, 21 July 2014 at 22:04:58 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>>> Thanks! I will wait at least another year before watching the video. I don't
>>> think I can stand seeing myself cramming 26 slides in 10 minutes! :)

Waiting never helps! I can never stand to watch the videos of myself.

>> I know how you feel. I don't want to watch my talk either.
>
> I did watch mine and "I'm a cocky son of a ....." that will not look in the
> mirror for a week. But IMO it is a good tool for self-reflection. I learned that
> my voice is annoying and that I had to much food lately.
>
> @Brian and @Ali you're fine, don't worry.

True.

I used to be in the dance business. The coach would never videotape his students
until he knew they were hooked. Otherwise, they'd be devastated and quit. How
you think you look and how you actually look are very different things.
Videotape is the harshest, and most effective, training tool.