dfuse 0.3.0 - D Language bindings for Fuse

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 31 07:00:09 PDT 2014

Am Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:05:20 +0000
schrieb "David Soria Parra" <davidsp at fb.com>:

> Hi,
>
> We are happy to announce the release of 'dfuse', a high level D
> language binding
> for fuse (http://fuse.sourceforge.net). It supports libfuse >=
> 2.8 and works on
> both Linux and MacOS (osxfuse). You can find the project at:
>
>      https://github.com/facebook/dfuse
>
> We at Facebook have been working on dfuse for the last weeks and
> are actively
> using it in production. While the interface is still limited, we
> hope to work
> towards a full featured fuse binding.
>
> If you want to get involved, feel free to sent pull requests,
> submit issues and
> direct any questions about dfuse to the D mailinglist or ping
> 'dsop' on IRC.
>
> - David Soria Parra

Awesome!

Will this be added to code.dlang.org?
There's a question on reddit regarding performance. I'd guess
performance should be quite good in general, but the simple example
throws/allocates* Exceptions on missing files. Does this perform well
enough?

* I guess in this case you could 'cache' the exception in a
  global variable, but druntime still allocates the stack trace (only
  once though). Druntime uses some tricks to avoid these allocations
  for OutOfMemory errors and this trick should probably work for dfuse
  as well, but I still wonder if it isn't easier to simply return a
  result code from getattr and readdir.