Real time captioning of D presentations

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 2 21:51:38 PDT 2014

On 6/2/2014 5:16 PM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 10:00:17 -0700
> Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
> <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>> Captioning also helps people who aren't native english speakers.
>
> And native English speakers as well. It's not all that infrequent that I end
> up temporarily turning on subtitles in a movie that I'm watching, because the
> actor didn't say the line clearly enough.

Or because somebody in the production studio decided the music and sound
effects needed to be at least 2x louder than the dialog. I've played
games that had the same problem, too (but at least some of those will
let you fix the studio's broken mixing). Ok, maybe that's not a problem
for DConf, granted ;)

But yea, I use subtitles over english audio all the time, too (also a
native speaker with no auditory disability).