DConf 2014 Day 1 Talk 2

w0rp via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 3 14:20:39 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 3 June 2014 at 20:54:30 UTC, Jonathan Crapuchettes
wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 18:43:52 +0200, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> https://news.ycombinator.com/newest
>>
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/277k5c/
> dconf_2014_day_1_talk_2_templates_in_the_wild_a/
>>
>> Andrei
>
> Here is a link to the slides from the presentation.
>
> http://slides.com/jonathancrapuchettes/dconf
>
> Jonathan

I found this talk particularly interesting on a personal level. I
worked with OLAP data for a year and it was all Java and
JavaScript programming. I had been thinking about how you could
improve on either with compile time features in D for massive
improvements in speed. This is a market where customers care
about speed, and beating your competitors can be worth millions.
It's nice to see that someone has done some work in this area.