Offtopic: AMA (Was: Interview at Lang.NEXT)

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 6 23:20:47 PDT 2014

On 6/7/2014 12:21 AM, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:

> Its all the fault of people texting on their cell phones and the like!
> Too much work to write proper English words.  Amirite?

On those things, it *is* work! Even I've started giving up on proper
grammar/capitalization/punctuation/spelling when texting (Not my normal
comms choice, but I have a couple siblings that are of "everything must
be in SMS form" age).

Oh well, at least we're not still entering text on number pads. I used
to work on a WAP/WPL site (anyone remember those? anyone even *used*
those? ;) ) Entering text was bad enough, but entering test-server URLs?
Ugh. I never understood why the last Smash Bros game copied that cell
phone text interface *intentionally*.