hap.random: a new random number library for D

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 9 13:13:27 PDT 2014

On Monday, 9 June 2014 at 18:51:53 UTC, Ryan Voots wrote:
> It definitely looks interesting.  The 64bit MT is definitely
> something I'm after.  I have a particularly strange need with
> PRNGs though.  I need to easily make a bunch of child RNGs
> based off a master RNG.  Nothing cryptographic about it but
> solely to make reasoning about generating random maps and
> worlds easier.  That way changing one part of the algorithm
> (say city placement) doesn't affect how the map itself is
> generated, or vice-versa.  It sounds like the reference types
> here would actually make my life much easier since I'd need to
> pass in RNGs into each section of the generation and would let
> me be a bit looser with how carefully i have to control access
> to them which is a good thing.

Sounds interesting -- I seem to recall we had some discussion
about this a while back ... ?  Anyway, glad to hear that the
library may be useful for you.  Let me know how you get on! :-)