hap.random: a new random number library for D

bearophile via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 10 03:21:38 PDT 2014

Joseph Rushton Wakeling:

> Thanks in advance for all testing and feedback.

I have appreciated to use this generator (but I am not yet sure
how much good it is. I have seen it's fast and sufficiently good
for some of my simpler purposes):
http://en.literateprograms.org/R250/521_%28C%29

------

Is it worth having a fully pure generator that takes a constant
state and returns the modified state? (The state should be small,
so Mersenne Twister is not fit for this). Writing such generator
is easy, but then how do you use it with the API of the functions
of the random module?

Bye,
bearophile