hap.random: a new random number library for D

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 10 14:51:51 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 10 June 2014 at 21:02:54 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Sorry, the R250/521 idea and the strongly pure idea are
> unrelated to each other.

Ah, good.  That makes things simpler.  I'll implement R250/521
for you, though.

> For the strongly pure random generator we should choose a
> generator with a small internal state (let's say less than 5
> CPU words, they get passed by immutable value).

We might be able to rework the Xorshift generators in this way --
they all rely on a very small internal state.  It'd be
interesting to see if this has any speed implications.