hap.random: a new random number library for D

Chris Cain via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 11 00:24:10 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 11 June 2014 at 06:48:24 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> Incidentally, would it be a good idea to post a link to the
> blog post on r/programming?  Haven't done so yet, as generally
> I prefer to leave decisions about D publicity to others, but
> can do so if people would like.

I almost always like all the D posts I see on r/programming, but
in general if any language highlighted the efforts in the RNG
part of the standard library, I would like it. Too many languages
get it wrong or don't care enough about it. (My most basic litmus
test is to check a language's shuffle function... Too many fail,
even if they claim to do the Knuth shuffle, often they make the
small mistakes that matter)

It definitely gets my vote for publicizing.