DConf 2014 Day 1 Talk 4: Inside the Regular Expressions in D by Dmitry Olshansky

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 12 04:30:36 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 10 June 2014 at 17:19:42 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 June 2014 at 15:37:11 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
>> Watch, discuss, upvote!
>>
>> https://news.ycombinator.com/newest
>>
>> https://twitter.com/D_Programming/status/476386465166135296
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/dlang.org/posts/863635576983458
>>
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/27sjxf/dconf_2014_day_1_talk_4_inside_the_regular/
>>

>> Andrei
>
> http://youtu.be/hkaOciiP11c

Great talk, just finished watching the youtube upload.  I zoned
out during the livestream, as it was late over here and I was
falling asleep during this fairly technical talk, but now that
I'm awake, enjoyed going through it.

Never knew how regular expression engines are implemented, good
introduction to the topic and how D made your approach easier or
harder.  A model talk for DConf, particularly given the great
results on the regex-dna benchmark.