dmd front end now switched to Boost license

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 14 10:17:32 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 14 June 2014 at 17:07:58 UTC, Leandro Lucarella
wrote:
> OK, as a side effect of this, this might encourage companies
> not to use
> D but to develop tools based on DMDFE, but companies that are
> too lazy
> or to BAD not to contribute the changes back, which I'm not
> sure is such
> a good idea.

I believe it is good thing. Standard tool chain should be as
permissive as possible, with no expectations from the potential
users whatsoever. If someone goes with proprietary closed
solution and succeeds - it is their choice and risk to do so.