dmd front end now switched to Boost license

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 14 12:27:25 PDT 2014

On 6/14/2014 2:47 PM, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Saturday, 14 June 2014 at 18:43:59 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> And there's another advantage I neglected to mention - it allows DMDFE
>> code to be moved into Phobos without issues.
>
> I don't think Nick's argument is particularly compelling,

Granted, it isn't a very big technical/legal argument, but I don't think
those are the only important criteria. The thing is, D's licensing
overall (DMDFE/DMDBE/LDC/GDC/Phobos) is kinda complicated. So any
simplification, as long as it doesn't restrict anyone, is a net
improvement, even if it isn't earth-shattering.

> but the DDMD
> <-> Phobos connection definitely makes the change very worthwhile in my
> opinion.

Yea, I agree too, I hadn't thought of that one either.