hap.random: a new random number library for D

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 19 14:27:16 PDT 2014

On Monday, 9 June 2014 at 18:09:21 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:
> I think that hap.random fixes certain fundamental design issues
> with std.random.  However, this needs to be put to the test "in
> the wild", so I'd really appreciate it if as many people as
> possible could try it out with their code, and report on the
> experience:
>
>    * Does it run faster, slower, etc?
>
>    * Do any undesirable memory allocation issues arise?
>
>    * Is the API (broadly similar but not identical to
> std.random)
>      pleasant to use?

I realized that it ought to be possible to allow a more direct
drop-in replacement for std.random by adding static opCalls to
the classes which were previously structs.

Thoughts on this, in favour, against ... ?